Hello & Welcome to The Motion Picture Prop Community - Forums
You can also find us on Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkshop View Post
    oh and all that bs Fett4Real is saying about the MR line is "extremely clever attempt" to bring in sales.

"The MR recast that's had over half of the geometry changed and might as well be a fan sculpt." is a bs statement and he knows it.
    Just as bad as hearing the MR helmet was shrunken 9% to accommodate people with not so large heads??

These statements might work with LSD back in the water supply but unfortunately it's no longer free.

He might as well come off honest and say the only helmets you should buy are the fph2 and gmh because these are the only two people selling helmets publicly who want to deal with him and send him commissions. Don't get me wrong, Wasteland and Skyfire do a good job, zero issues with them, and are interested in doing good jobs making nice helmets.

BUT Fett4Real's statements are uneducated at best with zero proof.....

The MR (Master replicas) Helmet line is the best representation we have at the moment of the screen used helmets.

Having only had access to an original production MR and something that was a recast of one I wasn't in a position to know if the statement had any foundation; I couldn't detect these differences in photo's but then I thought the photos I'd seen of the FPH2 looked good. Then it arrived. Photos can be misleading. I didn't think he was denouncing the whole MR based line just those that weren't proto derived so I guess that would be only Animefan's and RS. I'm really not interested in what the motivation was just whether or not the statement was correct. It would seem it isn't.

Not sure about the 9% too small thing. I've only ever seen comments suggesting the MR was too big, not too small, and that was during the GMH thing when all sorts of percentages were getting thrown around and when it was possible for anumber to be 'concise' hahahahaha. I think we're all now on the same page that the GMH is the size turkey. As far as I can see the MR is pretty much the biggest helmet widely out there and pretty much the same size as the FPH2 but with a different, better, shape.

I feel CTM4 is the best representation of a screen used helmet I have right now

I would also throw into this that if the EFX ever sees the light of day, it has/will be altered. The physical damage was softened on the prototype they had on display at Celebration Anaheim....

Other than the MDF/CTM, the Anovos, if it ever comes out, would be the closest thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkshop View Post
    You're right Andy and craigjohn about the MDF. It is in pretty poor lighting also but It's a great casting Mojo was kind enough to do and can't wait to ROTJ-tify it within the next mmm decade lol. And I couldn't agree more about what you stated Andy about the helmet lines.
    Oh for sure - was just making on observation I saw with all those buckets lined up. I wasn't trying to slight the casting nor the work of Mojo. I'm happy as a puppy with two peeters he's offering these castings, and I'm in line for an MDF ESB by Robert this year. Seriously can't wait.

Hoping for a CTM PP2 later on, and at some point I'll want another MDF painted up like the pre-pp1 "eyes" helmet. Mojo said he'd throw some soup together for me if I need another copy. So yeah. It's very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by craigjohn1138 View Post
    Oh for sure - was just making on observation I saw with all those buckets lined up. I wasn't trying to slight the casting nor the work of Mojo. I'm happy as a puppy with two peeters he's offering these castings, and I'm in line for an MDF ESB by Robert this year. Seriously can't wait.

Hoping for a CTM PP2 later on, and at some point I'll want another MDF painted up like the pre-pp1 "eyes" helmet. Mojo said he'd throw some soup together for me if I need another copy. So yeah. It's very much appreciated.

I don't think anyone took it that way dude. Read like a factual observation to me. We've been very lucky this last two years!

The MR is great but a lot of edges have been sharpened up. Take the brow line for example. On the MR the brow edges are a lovely squared off pointy edge; probably a pretty sharp right angle but not so the MDF or CTM. This is the same as the ROTJ hero I was looking at just hours ago. The edges of the brow and red trim are softer and rounder. Same thing with the lines where the red trim meets the upper cheeks and where the the upper cheeks meet the lower cheeks. Anyone can PM me for a dropbox link of the shots I took today. Some of it's shit but some is good. Ditto the shots I took a few months back.

Quote Originally Posted by intwenothor View Post
    I don't think anyone took it that way dude. Read like a factual observation to me. We've been very lucky this last two years!

The MR is great but a lot of edges have been sharpened up. Take the brow line for example. On the MR the brow edges are a lovely squared off pointy edge; probably a pretty sharp right angle but not so the MDF or CTM. This is the same as the ROTJ hero I was looking at just hours ago. The edges of the brow and red trim are softer and rounder. Same thing with the lines where the red trim meets the upper cheeks and where the the upper cheeks meet the lower cheeks. Anyone can PM me for a dropbox link of the shots I took today. Some of it's shit but some is good. Ditto the shots I took a few months back.
    Right, pretty much took the words out of my mouth haha. I'd love to see your photos Andy,

Commission services available @ https://www.facebook.com/theworkshopmike

Still working on this thing. Reworked the wavy brow so many times I can't remember. I thought this photo would turn out okay but it hasn't for a number of reasons so the it isn't possible to see the upper edges properly.

I don't think I'm done with it yet but it has now reached a stage where I don't hate it.

Mykindascum is me. I set it up in late 2015 when convalescing. Been few updates because revising the brow has been ongoing for for about a year. As ridiculous as it sounds I can only work on it intermittently as I need time to step back from it in order to see how it's going. Additionally, as I haven't seen the actual ESB for many years I can only work from photos of it which means that when I review what I've been doing here I review what I have done the same way; sometimes I think it looks fine in the flesh but not when I photograph it. Obviously that's a weird way to work.

20180719_192407[1402] (3).jpg

That's it, I'm done. I'm sick of looking at it. I've done more revisions and simply got to a point where I can't do anymore. It's not right but I'm okay with it and is about as subtle as I can make it.

It's already covered in floquil primer and now it's less humid I'll start the slow crawl of painting. I'll go with the back panels first as I remember those were pretty rewarding. I'll be using Lee's list as the starting point with some tweaks but from what I've seen it's still the benchmark; that guy has forgotten more abou tFett than most of us will ever know.
    Last edited by intwenothor; 08-02-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Looking forward to seeing this Andy

Love it!

"The Pyramids were built by Sears!"

Thanks men, looking back through the thread I can see I first started playing with the brow Jan 2016. Now that is slow!