Hello & Welcome to The Motion Picture Prop Community - Forums
You can also find us on Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube

Thread: The "general"

The "general"

Working on this for the boy. He had a boba store bought suit, but he wanted something a little more realistic that he could wear while accompanying me on 501st troops. Will probably do a Fett for him later on down the road, but wanted something a little more user friendly for now. At 6yrs old, he is super crazy about AT ATS right now (like most of us were at that age,) so we're gonna try to put together a general veers suit. I'm not worried about super accuracy here, just trying to make something that looks pretty good, and that he can feel proud of. Made pretty good progress on helmet, and starting on armor. Won't make it in time for Halloween, but hopefully have it ready for Rouge one premier.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The artist formerly known as "Jango's kid"

So cool! This totally captures the look and feel too.

More progress. Turning out pretty decent considering I used a popcorn bowl and plastic sled...
    D

That's a great looking set of Veers....

Thanks fellas!!
    D

Lots of fiberglass/Bondo/sanding!! Thanks for the tech advice Ryan!
    D
    Last edited by D.Woelfel; 11-17-2016 at 01:27 PM.

This looks great. That's one lucky kid!

Finished the details on the backplate. Not perfect, but I think I got it pretty close. We just got hit with our 1st major snow storm of the season...which means I'm pretty much done working on props in my uninsulated garage until spring....

Looks good..... we just got snow yesterday.... time to get out the heaters....

Done for now, except some minor tailoring and remove coveralls patches. Will put the finishing touches on when I can work in my garage again come spring.l

That's so cool.

The photo sums up this thread. Watch out ladies. The Generals in town.

IMG_20161016_111948.jpg

Great work! Looks great all around. This kid must have a ball wearing it.

Commission services available @ https://www.facebook.com/theworkshopmike

Thanks guys,!

Well...I'd rather be out on my snowmobile, but, our weather lightened up a bit, our snow all melted,
    and I was able to work in the garage again for a few days. Finished the belt buckle!!

Belt buckle turned out to be quite a challenge!! Although not perfect, I think it represents the suit pretty well!! That star design in the middle was a huge pain in the ass!!! Not so much the design...but how to configure it in such a way as it would not get knocked off during roughhousing and trooping, (I already had trouble with the rank bar buttons popping off, and had to redo my mounting method there), but i think it will work, and seems pretty solid.

Only thing I have left is holster and gloves!!!
    D
    Last edited by D.Woelfel; 11-29-2016 at 12:44 AM.

The boys V1 general Veers jr was incredibly heavy, so re built a new set of armor for this year. Much more user friendly!!!

Outstanding! What's the periscope? Looks spot on!

"The Pyramids were built by Sears!"

It's a scuba tank holder. I never realised this until I saw these pics of D's. I actually threw a couple of this model away as I recall but they're quite common.

I think this looks great.