Hello & Welcome to The Motion Picture Prop Community - Forums
You can also find us on Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks guys!! Appreciate it!!

Here's a couple with a bit better lighting, and I'm slowly adding weathering here and there. Digging the mask out of those turn signal arrows turned out to be quite a chore!!! Planning to paint those this evening, and maybe do kill stripes too
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The artist formerly known as "Jango's kid"

This is one of the best RoTJs I've seen!

Thanks buddy!! Really appreciate the encouragement!!
    D

Are you going to take commissions for a ROTJ helmets after this?

Heh....i doubt it!!! Lol this thing almost killed me!! After this I am switching over to do my other MDF as ESB, and if Ryan gets off his butt and fits a visor in his, I might be painting that one too!! Considering I'm going on 5 months with this one, and still not done, and then potentially 2 more helmets to do, it would be well over a year before I could even think about doing a commission....

Thanks alot bud!!!

Masked off my stripes of the kill this evening, but ran out of energy to spray them. Maybe tomorrow
    D

So....I got my stripes painted on, and they turned out decent, but unfortunately my tape pulled some red up, so I'm going to have to redo that area now....Uggg. at least it's in an area that doesn't have much going on weathering wise, so shouldn't be too difficult of a fix...Just extra screwing around that I really did not want to have to do. ...Just want this thing done!!!!!

That is a beauty of an ROTJ......

Thanks bud!!

Nice choice of colors. It looks great.

Commission services available @ https://www.facebook.com/theworkshopmike

Fixed my red, and some minor tweaks. Working on rangefinder now... almost done...
    Last edited by D.Woelfel; 05-01-2017 at 01:38 AM.

I like how well the colors are mixed and balanced on that helmet, but also the attention to all the details. Keep up the great work!
    Sent from my Helmet using the Rangefinder.

There are no limits with our knowledge!!!

Thanks a lot bud!!!! Sure do appreciate your templates!!! Without them, this helmet would still be all silver, and I'd still be drawing on damage!!! They are incredible!!
    D

Dude! this looks great! i have such a hard time with ROTJ helmets. Ive only done a couple and had a very rough time both time, and although they did look the part, there was still things i wasnt happy about. This is coming out killer! I will have one of these kits soon as well and i dunno what i wanna do with it lol. I was planning to display it unfinished with some found parts...but this looks SO good.....but doing a ROTJ paintjob is soo haaard ..lol...ugh lol

Thanks buddy!!! (And thank you again everyone for following along and offering comments/support!) Yeah I hear you Lou...it is very time consuming and downright frustrating doing rotj paint job!! I have almost thrown this thing in the garbage several times!! (Ryan and Andy talked me out of it!! Lol)

This outside pic is one of my favorite pics so far. Reminds me of how it looks in skiff scene. It never ceases to amaze me how the colors can change so much depending on the lighting, flash, etc

I'm gonna stop by a local machine shop today and see about having them cut a slot in the RF side ear so I can put the micro switch in there for the lights. Can't believe the end is in sight with this thing!!!!
    Last edited by D.Woelfel; 05-02-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Nice, finally finished! Good job mate! It looks great! Wanna trade?

Commission services available @ https://www.facebook.com/theworkshopmike

Well things weren't going so well with my rangefinder. All kinds of fitment issues etc. So...I got one of those super nice TF ones on the way!! Pretty excited about that!!! I also got a machine shop to cut a slot in my RF side ear for a micro switch, as my ear set didnt have that. (Kinda costly) will post a bunch of final helmet pics once the RF is done.��