Hello & Welcome to The Motion Picture Prop Community - Forums
You can also find us on Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I thought of that, but since the ESB gaunt has the two switches right there I would just use them both. I'm a total noob when it comes to the arduino code, so if I were going to use just one I would need a bit of help rewriting the code I have. If your curious what it looks like, let me know and I will post it here.

Here is a vid of the kit with the servo temp installed in my helmet. The servo is a little wobbly because of how it's mounted inside the helmet, and the rf topper is loose, but you get the idea.

Hey damn dude that is sweet! I need to chat you up on making me some cockpit light sets for 44 Eagles.

Sounds cool, let me know. The kit would good in your lid, if you want one for it, let me know.

Here is a newer vid with the asok stalk and a new method of attaching it to the servo. I still used a set screw on the stalk, but the new piece allowed it to be closer to the helmet.

I may have a few kits ready to go in a week or two if anyone here is interested. I think the kit could be used for other things than a fett helmet, all that the kit needs is the code changed to set the new start and stop points, which is something I will do if there is any interest.

I've reworked the entire kit (other than the servo and transmitter) to fit inside a 2x2x1.5 inch box. I also found a rolling code transmitter receiver combo that should eliminate the possibility of another kit triggering the servo. I just waiting for the new boards to get here and I will build a kit and post some pics when they do.

I will have the new boards tomorrow. I may try to build a quick mock up tomorrow night after work to see how it looks.

Here is the kit with the new boards. The enclosure is 2.6"x2.6"x1.4". The board fits perfectly inside and mounts using small screws. I don't have any of the servos that will ship with the kit, so I had to use an old one I had laying around, that is why there is no rangefinder or stalk. There is a black marker line on the shaft to show the rotation.

Fettinator w: enclosure.jpg

Here is a vid of the kit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Eq...ature=youtu.be

I may move the servo plug to the other side, and I may also change the code to run off of one switch instead of two, that way the other switch could be used for something else. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks. I would love for one of these to be in one of Lee's helmets.

Looks pretty slick!!! Good job!!
    The artist formerly known as "Jango's kid"

Thanks. I may end up redoing the code to have it run off of 1 switch instead of 2, but that's down the road.

I am bringing this thread back to like. I have a newer version of my servo kit that powers a light kit as well and uses a rolling code transmitter/receiver that should resolve any interference.

Here is a new video of my servo system. The Rf topper is from terminal Fettler and the light kit is one I offer made specifically for the TF rangefinder topper. I added control of the light kit to the arduino code to allow the micro controller to run the light kit so there is no longer a need for the 9v battery or the honeywell micro switch. The small JST plug next to the servo plug on the control board is for powering the rangefinder lights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDHYi6esi5c

I am going to see if I can figure out how to run the servo with only one ALCO switch instead of the two I use now. I would also like to include a mount for the servo, but my 3D modeling leaves a lot to be desired, so if anyone here has some spare time and is good at modeling, I have a few Ideas I would like modeled.

Did you ever get around to making any more TF light kits? I still need one. New set up looks pretty slick!! I'm going to go with the Honeywell style on this helmet though.
    The artist formerly known as "Jango's kid"

Quote Originally Posted by D.Woelfel View Post
    Did you ever get around to making any more TF light kits? I still need one. New set up looks pretty slick!! I'm going to go with the Honeywell style on this helmet though.
    I have a few ready to ship, let me know if you want one. They go pretty quick, but I have some not listed on my sale page. I am still waiting for my solderless connectors to show up.